Cookie cake is a favorite recipe of many sweet-lovers, who love to have this food as dessert in their regular meals. The home-made cookie cake recipe is perfectly fit for the people having restricted diet, due to the use of healthy ingredients the simple cooking procedure. Hence, this type of cake can be safely given to most of the patients, elderly people and the pregnant women.
There are different types of cookie cake recipes popular among common people and here one of them is discussed below.
Time needed for preparation – 15 minutes
Time required for baking – 20 minutes
Hence, total time taken for making a cookie cake – 35 minutes
Ingredients needed for cookie cake:
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of unsalted butter that is softened by beating
- ¼ cup of salted butter that is softened too
- 1 large sized egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of table salt
- 2 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¾ cup of chocolate chips (usually bitter dark chocolate preferred)
- ½ cup of Rainbow sprinkles for decoration
- 1 cup of vanilla frosting
Preparation procedure of cookie cake:
- Firstly, a dry mixture is created by adding flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, the softened butter and sugars are thoroughly mixed together with an electric hand blender.
- Then the egg contents and the vanilla extract are added to this blended mixture, while beating this mixture all the while, to make it light and fluffy.
- Now this wet mixture is poured into the dry mixture of flour, to make a dough of suitable firmness.
- Some chocolate chips are folded within this dough and covered with a damp cloth.
- This dough is then refrigerated for at least 1 hour, to bring it at chilling cold temperature. It can also be left in fridge for overnight.
- The dough is now taken out of the refrigerator and left in room temperature for some time, to make it softer.
- Now a 9-10 inches nonstick cake pan is preheated in the microwave oven at 350 degree F, on which the cookie cake is supposed to be baked.
- A parchment paper sheet is placed over the preheated pan, on which the dough is needed to be placed.
- The dough is pressed over the parchment paper in the heated pan and more chocolate chips are spread over the dough. The rainbow sprinkles are also added over the dough for further decoration of the cake.
- Finally, this dough is baked in the microwave oven for 20 – 25 minutes, to prepare the cookie cake.
- Then the cake is taken out of the oven and cooled for minimum 15 minutes.
- Now the vanilla frost is put into a piping bag and a lining of frost is added to the edges of the cake, before serving it.
Hence, a yummy cake is prepared by following this easy recipe of cookie cake recipe, with easily available ingredients.