3 lg Egg whites
1/8 ts Cream of tarter
3/4 c Granulated sugar
3 tb Unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c Confectioners sugar;
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in a medium bowl. Beat
with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
Gradually beat in the granulated sugar and beat on high speed until
the whites are stiff and shiny.
4. Sift cocoa over the egg whites and gently fold in until just
5. Drop tablespoonfuls of batter, 1 inch apart, on the prepared baking
sheets. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cookies are dry.
Carefully peel the cookies from the paper and cool on a wire rack.
When cool, sprinkle the cookies with confectioners sugar (if using).
Store, covered at room temperature.
Yield: 24 cookies